The goal of Desert Christian Middle School is to provide a caring, student oriented, Christ centered setting for enthusiastic and cooperative young people in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades which includes:
- 1.ACCESS ( achievement centered challenge events for successful students)
- 2. Art elective and participation in the ACSI art festival
- 3. Band elective with Christmas and spring performances
- 4. Chapel: weekly chapel with student led worship
- 5. Cheer: middle school cheer back for the 2017-2018 school year
- 6. Choir elective with performances at several festivals in Southern California as well as Junior High Musical.
- 7. Class Trips: one day and multi day class trips to encourage team building, learning, and bonding between students.
- 8. Diakonia: a servant leadership training club available to 7th and 8th graders
- 9. Readers Auction: an annual holiday reading program that earns student reward dollars that can be spent at an invitation only award auction.
- 10. Worship Team: assists in leading music for weekly chapels.
Middle School Athletics:
DCMS competes in the Tri District Sports League. The following sports are offered at DCMS: boys and girls cross country, volleyball, basketball, soccer, and track.
Our cross country boys team has been league champions for the last three years.
New this summer and for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Math placement exams to help put students in math classes where they can be successful
- Average math class sizes of 15.
- Summer science camps covering video game and web design.