Middle School Athletics
DCMS competes in the Tri District Sports League in boys and girls cross country, boys and girls volleyball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls track. 6th and 7th graders compete on one team and the 8th graders compete on another.
Goals for our Sports Program
- Developing Christian character within the athletes.
- Involving students in an activity that will nurture them spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically.
- Demonstrating and teaching Christian sportsmanship: how to win, lose, accept someone else’s error, and forgive their own mistakes.
- Involving students in practices and games so they feel they are an important part of the team.
- Developing a positive self-image in students through encouragement.
- Teaching students to understand and accept their individuality; that God loves them as they are, with their abilities and weaknesses.
- Teaching skills and rules of the sport in which the student is involved.