DESERT CHRISTIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
The goal of Desert Christian Middle School is to provide a caring, student-oriented, Christ-centered setting for enthusiastic and cooperative young people in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades with the goal of meeting our students' intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual needs.
- Let's Go Learn Diagnostic: Learning diagnostic used to identify gaps in math and reading, which is taken upon enrollment.
- Google Classroom and Chromebook usage in all classrooms
- Two science labs
- IXL Math Support, Accelerated Reader, and SAVASS Science
DCMS has a school student advocate who meets with students who are in need of emotional support.
- Structured physical education classes five days per week
- After School Athletics:
- Fall Sports: cheer, cross country, & volleyball
- Winter Sports: cheer, basketball, & soccer
- Spring Sports: track
- After School Socials: Fall Festival, Christmas Festival, & grade-level socials
- After School Clubs: Spanish, Baking, Art, Speech and Drama, Yearbook, Music, Christian Service, and more!
- Class and grade-level field trips, including:
- Sixth Grade: Great Wolf Lodge
- Seventh Grade: San Diego Safari Park
- Eighth Grade: Catalina
- Weekly chapels including student-led chapel
- Service projects which give students an opportunity to serve in our community