DESERT CHRISTIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
The goal of Desert Christian Middle School is to provide a caring, student-oriented, Christ-centered setting for enthusiastic and cooperative young people in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades which includes:
- ACCESS (Achievement Centered Challenge Events for Successful Students) Honors trips for kids with a 3.5 GPA with no C's,
- Art elective: digital art as well as traditional art,
- Christian Service elective: planning service projects monthly for the school and community,
- Chapel: weekly chapel with student led worship,
- Yearbook/ Media elective: Students make videos used in chapel and create the MS yearbook,
- Choir elective with performances at several festivals in Southern California as well as Junior High musical,
- Class Trips: one day and multi day class trips to encourage team building, learning, and bonding between students,
- Diakonia: a servant leadership training club available to 8th graders,
- Readers Auction: an annual holiday reading program that earns student reward dollars that can be spent at an invitation only award auction,
- Worship Team: assists in leading music for weekly chapels,
- Average math class sizes of 20-25, and
- Free math tutoring twice per week.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
DCMS competes in the Tri District Sports League. We have a 6th and 7th grade team and an 8th grade team.
Cross Country, volleyball, basketball, soccer, and track are all offered.
DCMS also has a cheer program that competes at summer camp, participates in school pep rallies and school activities as well as cheering at games.
Cross country boys league champions 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Volleyball 2019 North Division Champions 7th grade and 8th grade girls. 2019 Tri District League Champions 7th grade boys.
- Math placement exams to help put students in math classes where they can be successful
- Chrome Book usage in classrooms
- 25% rise in math test scores campus wide
- Digital art and Home Skills electives